Growth Mindset: Learn From Other Students

The first quote that I saw that really stood out to me was "Learn From Failure." I am a PreMed major at OU and sometimes the classes are super challenging. However, I tend to hold myself to such a high standard that I overwhelm myself. When I get a bad grade, I take it very hard rather than using it as motivation to never get that type of grade again. I will use this quote to drive motivation, rather than trigger anxiety.

The second quote that I really like was, "G.R.O.W.: Go Rip Open Windows." Personally, I have a routine and I stick to it. I was to adapt this motto so that I can feel comfortable stepping out of my comfort zone and seeking opportunity. I will not find much success if I close myself off from opportunity and opportunity is not going to seek me out. Finding ways to grow will benefit me in life, school, and in general.

Growth Mindset quote from Padlet page

Comments

  1. Hi Caitlin,
    Your picture drew me to your growth mindset post! I am a Biology, Pre-PA major, so I can absolutely agree that the course load is extremely difficult. I tend to overwhelm myself also and that prevents me from finding new opportunities ! I tend to stay within my comfort zone as well. After seeing growth mindset posts, it allows me to see things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caitlin! I am the same way about taking bad grades poorly. I have such high expectations for myself that if I get a good grade, it doesn't feel like cause for celebration, but if I get a bad grade then it feels like the world has ended haha. I think I should probably work on growth, too, because this isn't a super healthy mindset to have. Hopefully we can both be less harsh on ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to the Future Doctor

Week 5 Story: Karma