Time Strategy

I like to think that I am really good at managing my time and never procrastinate... but let's be honest, there are times when everyone gets behind. My schedule does not seem to overwhelming... yet, but I plan to stick to the schedule that was suggested to me. I do love to get ahead so I do not have to worry about procrastination so I love that the class is already open and ready to be worked on.
I have tried to use a planner before, but I do not like to write down every single thing, so I switched to a desk calendar which has been really helpful for writing down important due dates and test days. Being a student athlete, I have to triple check my schedule to make sure I have all my school responsibilities done and my athletic responsibilities done. In turn, being busy has somewhat benefited my time management.

"Checked" To-do list from Web Template

The article 3 Steps to Recapture Time was insightful and created "rules" to help others manage their time. I really liked reading about rule number two because it was all about recognizing the "weight" and resistance of outside wants. It is okay to go out with friends or get dinner with family, but the first priority should be completing personal obligations. That rule goes hand-in-hand with rule number three because the third rule was all about learning to say no. If one has a stack of homework to complete, they should not go out with friends because there is a good chance the homework will not get done. This article really intrigued my interest and helped me learn that I can still do fun things, but everything is more fun when I am not stressed about assignments or responsibilities. 

The article How Checklists Train Your Brain To Be More Productive and Goal-Oriented was not only a beneficial way to learn how to manage time, but it also proved that managing time with checklists releases dopamine in the brain that connects with happy emotions. It is very satisfying when one feels accomplished, and checking things off a to-do list creates that sense of satisfaction. It was stated as a fact that the satisfaction of completing a task releases dopamine in the brain and that release creates an eagerness to recreate that feeling of pleasure and motivation. Personally, I have never tried using a to-do list, but this article really motivated me to try it out with my school assignments for this semester. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to the Future Doctor

Week 5 Story: Karma