Growth Mindset

Carol Dweck states that most students have a fixed mindset and only believe that they have a certain amount of knowledge that they possess. However, a growth mindset is the belief that intelligence can be developed as students grow and gain more access to knowledge.
I just learned about growth mindset today, but I do believe that a spectrum of intelligence can be broadened. It all depends on the motivation of the student, though. I personally care about my grades so much that I probably put too much pressure on myself, but because I work so hard, I learn a lot and my grades show that. If students organize their study habits, and study in general, I think that a growth mindset would be less rare. In my head, the topic of mindset taps into the study of the brain and I find that very interesting because each person's brain works differently and is unique. With that being said, I think learning more about mindsets would spark my interest.
Since I am a science major, I have always been worried that the many science classes that I take will overlap and I will mix information between two different Biology classes or Chemistry classes, etc. However, by studying and organizing, I have not had any major issues. I think having a motivated growth mindset would be very beneficial in my classes for this fall semester, especially in my Organic Chemistry class, and it will help me grow for my classes in the future.
The meme below shows that as you broaden your intelligence spectrum, hence growth mindset, you will enter a whole new world of learning. 

Growth Mindset meme from Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to the Future Doctor

Week 5 Story: Karma